What Can You Do About Neighbor’s Weeds?

Do you have a neighbor who neglects his/her property? Here is a photo of  an occupied Mt Airy home with seriously overgrown weeds.

Neglected Property: E Mt Airy Ave and Ardleigh Street. Sidewalk so overgrown it is barely visible and nearly impassable.

Here is what Section 302.3 of Philadelphia Municpal Code says:

“PM-302.3 Weeds: All premises and exterior property shall be maintained free from weeds or plant growth in excess of 10 inches (254 mm). All noxious weeds shall be prohibited. Weeds shall be defined as all grasses, annual plants and vegetation, other than trees, shrubs, cultivated flowers and gardens.”

Call 311 if you think that your neighbor is violating the 10-inch weed rule.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s