The Mt Airy graffiti problem seems to be growing in spite of rapid response by the City’s CLIP and SEPTA’s anti-graffiti crews.
The latest survey, taken between 4/12/12 and 4/15/12 found graffiti tags at these 6 Mt Airy locations that CLIP can handle :
- Unit Block of E Gowen Ave – 1
- 100 block of W Gowen Ave – 6
- Intersection of W Bryan Street and W Allens Lane – 8
- Lincoln Drive & W Mt Pleasant Ave – 2
- SEPTA R7 Overpass wall – E Vernon St by Stenton Station – 1
- E Vernon Street and Sprague Street – 1
- SEPTA’s R8 Overpass over W Mt Pleasant Ave – 20
Click Image to enlarge – Press Escape to return to Post
The tags were photographed at 19 locations, on signs, mailboxes, business building walls and SEPTA property.
- Signs – 10
- Mailboxes – 4
- business Building Walls – 3
- 2 SEPTA Structures – multiple on both sides of overpass
3 taggers (RAS13, RAZE and SCUT ) were responsible for all but 2 of the tags.
I have asked EMAN, WMAN and Mt Airy USA to form a task force of concerned Mt Airy residents to spot, report and track graffiti in Mt Airy. Please let me know if you would be interested in participating in this task force.
These tags have been reported to CLIP and SEPTA.Here is an interactive Google Map map of RAS13’s recent activity. You can adjust the map scale, location and you can click on a marker and see a photo of the tag.